On the outsides of Istanbul, Turkey, a simple school retreat was taking place. "It was our first time at a new location for the retreat. We simply could not fit all the students into the usual camp facility", said Mrs Pamela Sanderlin, student advisor, and a member of the planning committee for the retreat from I--.
The incident, taking place about 11:30PM (local time), resulted in a total 173 victims, including 54 students from I--, 5 of which are missing, and 29 who are heavily injured. "I just wish this incident would never have taken place. All we can do now is sit tight and wait for the best," Mrs Clark, principal of I-- stated.
Local police think it may be the result of a simple leak in the kitchen gas stove. None of the residing kitchen staff survived, along with a few of the waiters at the hotel. "I just wish I had gotten a safety regulations check last year," says Murat Ali, owner of Hotel Marino.
"Suing the hotel will not make this incident just go away", says Michael Lee, Secondary principal of I--, "however, we will require that the hotel take full responsibility and pay all the hospital fees to the cent. We are upset that their negligence could have such devastating effects."
The hotel owner was taken into intensive care right after the incident, but will live. The rest of the hospital bills of the injured will be taken care of by the hotel. "We have great regret that such an incident has occurred," the manager of the hotel said.

0 comments:
Post a Comment