Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Money, the Root of all evil.

As I write this, the thought of being rich really appeals to me. I could do so much with lots and lots of money, but I guess it comes down to a simple question: 'Would I be happy?'

Money can give us so much, but I think it just doesn't fulfull. I've seen families torn apart because the love that was once there, became a lust for wealth, of personal gain, and it really does not appeal to me. I really think the phrase "money is the root of all evil" makes sense, because we just keep on wanting more and more, rather than being satisfied with what we have.

Love on the other hand, would fulfill. Although I wouldn't have money, basically living destitute of anything that one wants, if the love was still there I would be happy. It's because when we don't have money, our true selves seem to come forth, stripped of all the glamourous stuff that seems to characterize who we are. Having someone who really loves me for who I am, rather than who I am trying to be, someone I can talk to, and lean on, would really fulfill.

"True love cannot be found where it does not exist,
Nor can it be hidden where it truely does."
-Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment